Thu 6 Jun 2013
This last weekend I so enjoyed our little hometown Redwood Mountain Faire. Two small stages with nice acts, quality crafts, friendly food vendors with great eats and local wine and beer all staged in a sunny redwood surrounded meadow with trains rolling through and benefiting local nonprofits to boot.? Great to lounge around listening and visiting with friends who were unable to make it to Strawberry.? And, at this point, the Bean is a total pro at this stuff.
And the whole thing reminded me of a little Strawberry which I had just enjoyed (mostly) the week before. This year was interesting:
– The logo was a snow globe but it actually was sunny, dry and fairly warm the whole time.
– Great line up of bands, and being kid-free we got to hang out in front row chairs for the likes of Laurie Lewis and the Right Hands.? We really enjoyed the return of Birds of Chicago who upgraded to a mainstage evening act this year (and followed that a week later at our Redwood Fair!), and a new to us group the Black Lilies.
– I got a wicked cold and was tucked away in my van for most of the first three days, in bed by 8 PM most nights. No fun.
– Our camp was small, but mighty, as many have fled the cold weather for Fall. Still, we had quality pickers and enjoyed some sweet camp jams and wandering to other camps to meet new folks too.
– Amee brought her stove oven and we made delish blueberry scones for breaky.
– Heather brought Sydney for his first camp trip and a first Strawb for both of them – a great success!
Festival gates open in another 84 days for Fall and Patty Griffin will be there – so I will too! See you there on the flip side of summer.
Full pics here, and a few below.